Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Child Called It: One Child's Courage to Survive by David Pelzer (#7)

The first book in a trilogy, although, I don't feel I could be strong enough to read the other two books. An incredibly heart-breaking, insides-twisting, tragically horrible true story of a young boy who, for whatever reason, is chosen by his mother as her worst enemy.  While he has four other brothers, David alone is the target for unfathomable abuses by his always drunken mother. At first his father was his only savior, until the mother began to verbally berate the father into submission as well, until he finally cannot take it anymore and leaves his family.  This book was very hard for me to read, and getting through it was nauseating.  How could anyone treat a child that way? I asked myself repeatedly throughout the chapters.  Luckily, David finds salvation, not all is lost.  Not for the faint of heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment