Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy (#'s1, 2, 3)

I'd like to write about these books as a whole, since I read them so rapidly, it's a little hard for me to discern which event happened in which book.

     I found The Hunger Games very intriguing after just the first paragraph. I was glued to the pages after that; furiously clicking on the next page (Kindle edition, heyoo!), my hands covering my mouth at the disbelief of the occurring events.  When I first met the main character, I found it funny that I hadn't realized that she was a girl.  The mysteriousness of the character and the setting of the world was fascinating.  The gears in my brain turned as I began figuring out what the books scenery was like.  I loved how the country had different districts that ''specialized'' in different occupations and products (coal mining, harvesting, etc.).  Learning what the actual "Hunger Games" was was horrifying to say the least, but incredibly exciting.
     Of course, being the emotional girly that I am, found the love triangle most thrilling, albeit cliche.  The romance between Katniss and Peeta was so squeal-worthy, I almost melted any time fondness was demonstrated between them.  The fighting in the arena was very realistic, with just the right amount of emotion.
     I practically fed off of the cliffhangers these books offered. Come the ending of the first book, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped as my brain exclaimed, "that's how the first book ends?!" and I could hardly wait to read the second.
     I found myself becoming a bit bored with the third book.  It lacked something the other books had, but I wasn't sure exactly what that was.  But, I found that things picked up after about halfway through and I began to enjoy it again.  Of course, tears sprung from my eyes upon finishing the trilogy. I had become so emotionally attached to these characters over the week and a half I got to know them and I found myself incredibly saddened during the day feeling like I was Katniss and I had these incredible decisions to make.
     This trilogy had everything that makes reading feel like magic for me: a heroin I could somewhat relate to, a love triangle(what can I say, it's exciting!), action, and suspense.  I give this trilogy 5/5 stars and can safely say I am not short of obsessed and cannot wait for the movie to come out! To which I will be wearing my special District 1 t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment